Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Can someone say banana muffins? Oh, why yes I can. This morning I decided to whip up a batch of "healthy" banana nut muffins for my mom and I. I'm actually not sure if I can call these proper muffins. My mom and I still enjoyed these light versions of muffins. I am still tweaking the recipe a bit, so I won't be posting a recipe for this yet. Until then, let the suspense build. Back to the main story....
We went fishing today!!! Hooray!! My main squeeze took me out fishing for the first time at the beginning of this year and since then, I have been...well....hooked! Haha. Today I caught this big boy, the biggest one I have caught so far! I know it is still pretty small compared to some other fish, but hey, I have to start somewhere and I think this is a pretty good start!
These are the other fishies I caught. Funny story actually about the Po'opa'a (the reddish fish). The first time I caught one of those, a smaller version of it, it threw up all over the place. I pulled it out of the water, so happy that I finally caught another fish, and then it started flopping around, still on the hook, with its mouth open. The next thing I know, the contents of its stomach are flying everywhere, including onto me. Yikes! I am happy to say that today, I am not as traumatized from that experience as I was before. 
I see lots of fishing happening in the near future and I am really excited to catch all the fish!! Unlikely, but a girl can dream.
And then there was shave ice. Ululani's shave ice. YUM!! I love the texture of Ululani's, (unlike some other shave ice that I have had before that consists of chunks of ice) the ice is shaved nice and fine and the syrup they use is delicious!
This one was passionfruit (lilikoi), and melona flavored. Oh, and what is that on the top you may ask? Mhm, that's right, mochi has made an appearance once again. Mmm, it was so good. 
So whatever you call it, shave ice, shaved ice, snow cones, etc... You should check out Ululani's if you have a chance, it is the bomb (especially with the mochi on top).

Much love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment