Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Little Flower That Could

My dad and I felt like going hiking on this fine morning so we packed up our bags, laced up our shoes, and headed out to La Perouse. Hey look, I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it! Haha!
We ventured across this trail that is going straight through a lava flow. This is called the King's trail because back in the day, the King would cross this trail, a highway of his own.
My dad and I didn't quite make it all the way to Kanaio, but instead we took a little detour to come to this beach area with spectacular cliff faces carved out by the crashing waves.
I came across this little beauty as I climbed up a hill to get a better view of the waves coming in.
It was all alone in the rocks, just one strong Hawaiian Poppy flower. 
This was the view of the cliffs from the top of the hill. 
Aaaaand, I also found a crab friend. Well, I guess he isn't exactly my friend, just a shell of my friend who molted on the rocks. I think he's cool none-the-less, especially with his lightbulb eyes.
Look! I found a half of a coconut.
That happens to look like a guy with a mustache. 
From here we had a well-deserved re-fueling lunch that we packed earlier and hit the trail once more to head on home.
I look forward to my next adventure. Hopefully you hear from me soon! That means I came back alive, haha.

Much love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment