Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bird Butt

We drove up to Haleakala's Hosmer's Grove on this lovely day. At a little over 10,000 ft in elevation, Hosmer's Grove is one of my favorite places to visit, have lunch, and just get away from all of the hustle and bustle of life. 

My dad and I went on the little trail hike that goes through the forest. We stopped at the lookout area where you can spot birds native to Hawaii. I got a few snapshots of the birds, but today there weren't very many compared to what we have seen before.
Birdy #1 
Birdy #2
Birdy #3
Here is where the fun began! This little bird was very quick and kept hopping from berry bunch to berry bunch, the camera just couldn't keep up ("yeah, blame the camera", haha) Most of the pictures I got of this little guy were out of focus and blurry. 
This picture that I took was not so bad, but it didn't come out as clear as I would have liked. 
The butt shot however, seemed to be perfectly in focus! Well, now at least you know what the back side of this bird looks like.


After our short hike/walk, we had a nice little picnic as a family, including my mom, dad, obaachyan, and Ace, our dog. I will more than likely be coming here again before I leave for school in August. 

Much love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment